Donate to the Lea County Museum
The Lea County Museum is a non-profit organization that depends on donations from the community to operate. We have been fortunate to have great support from people and organizations around the area. This has allowed us to expand considerably and introduce a concert series as well.
There is still a lot to do and more we’d like to bring to the community of Lea, but we need your help to make our goals a reality. Here is a look at just some of the projects we have on our wish-list:
- Developing several planned exhibits on second floor of 1931 Lister Building, $15,000
- Completion of two bathrooms in Lister Building, $10,000
- Completion of Hop Graham print shop exhibit on 1st floor of Lister Building, $12,000
- Repairing inside and stabilization of 1918 Sewalt House, $55,000
- Repairs for Caprock Store and Reed House, $12,000
- Digitizing photographs of Lea County Veterans Exhibit, $10,000
- Creating introductory videos for Commercial Hotel and Lister Building, $5,000
- Purchasing and installing an elevator in the two-story 1931 Lister Building, $100,000
- Creating a large scale mural (30’ x 80’) depicting the history of Lea County on west side wall of the Lister Building, $80,000
Maintaining Current Operations
In addition to expanding and bringing on board new programs to entertain and education the community, the Museum relies on donations for its regular day-to-day operating budget. Every little bit helps and we appreciate your donations.
You can also come into the museum and explore our gift shop which includes many books and artwork from artists in and around Lea County. You can browse some items from our gift shop online here: https://leacountymuseum.org/store/
Make a Donation Now
You can make a donation today online by visiting:
Donations are tax-deductible.
You can also come into the museum in person or mail a check to:
Lea County Museum
103 S. Love St
Lovington, NM 88260
You can also call us at 575-396-4805 to arrange a donation.